– Matthew Fox, on how fame has curbed the bonding rituals among the Lost cast
"I promise I won't make a record out of this one – even though it's tempting."
– George Michael, whose '98 arrest for lewd conduct in a men's bathroom inspired his video for "Outside," on facing drug possession charges
"I hadn't even shaved my legs. You think, 'F– it. I'm 20. It's Annie Leibovitz. It's something to show the grandchildren.' "
– Keira Knightley, on shooting her nude Vanity Fair cover, to Time
"I have never known a stronger woman in my life. "
– Lance Armstrong, in a statement, after it was revealed that ex-fiancée Sheryl Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer
"Well, if they counted me out, then they just have to count me back in."
– Mariah Carey, on her surprise comeback, to Barbara Walters
"If I had the kind of movie career they had, I'd be sitting in the audience. I wouldn't be the jerk onstage directing traffic."
– Jon Stewart, on hosting the Academy Awards in front of his Hollywood peers, to the New York Times
Peter Kramer / Getty
"I want to thank all the white kids who beat (me). I'm rich!"
– Chris Rock, upon winning an NAACP Image Award for Everybody Hates Chris, which is based on his childhood
"I just lost my best friend."
– Andy Griffith, on the death of his longtime pal and costar Don Knotts