– Christina Aguilera, equating her two-disc set, Back to Basics (due Aug. 15), with having babies, to Entertainment Weekly
"Everyone said, 'You can't go on a ride in that dress,' and I said, 'I definitely can.' "
– Keira Knightley, about to ride Splash Mountain in a white Chanel gown, at the Disneyland premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
"We had the chance to tell each other we loved one another before he passed away."
– Tori Spelling, on reconciling with her TV mogul dad, Aaron Spelling, before his death June 23
"You can feel it when you walk into an audition ... I knew that if I was having an off day there would have been people sitting there whispering, 'Goldie Hawn's daughter is horrible. She should really choose another career.' "
– Kate Hudson, on being compared to her actress mom in Hollywood, to Vogue
"He doesn't really fit the demographic. So I could really care less. Look at me, and look at where he is – sorry!"
– Hilary Duff, responding to New York Times critic Stephen Holden's poor reviews of her movies, to Elle
"I spend most of my day holed up in my hotel room, in silence, boring myself to death."
– Fiona Apple, on suffering from social anxiety while on tour, to Time
Lester Cohen / WireImage
– Anne Hathaway, on whether she had aspired to work with acting legend Meryl Streep, her costar in The Devil Wears Prada
"It's very hard to be extra witty around a sexually overwhelming, beautiful young woman who is wittier than you are."
– Woody Allen, on leading lady Scarlett Johansson, who stars in his upcoming comedy Scoop, to New York magazine
"It's our shtick."
– Scarlett Johansson, describing her relationship with Allen, to New York