Campbell at court on June 27
Naomi Campbell appeared in a Manhattan courtroom Tuesday to answer charges that she threw a cell phone
at a housekeeper in March.
Campbell, 36, did not speak during the brief hearing, during which prosecutors said a plea deal was possible, the Associated Press reports.
Prosecutor Shanda Strain told Criminal Court Judge Evelyn Laporte that no grand jury action had been taken in the case, in which Campbell is charged with assault for allegedly hitting Ana Scolavino in the back of the head with a cell phone in Campbell's Manhattan apartment, allegedly over a pair of missing jeans.
The defense then agreed to an adjournment pending a possible plea deal, and Laporte ordered everyone to return to court on Sept. 27.
Meanwhile, Campbell is facing a similar accusation from another former employee.
In a case filed Monday in Manhattan's State Supreme Court, housekeeper Gaby Gibson asks for "actual, compensatory and punitive" damages, although she does not specify an amount, the AP reports.
She also accuses Campbell of employment discrimination and causing personal injuries.
Gibson's legal papers do not detail the alleged acts by Campbell, but in an April interview, Gibson told the New York Post
that the supermodel, 36, hit her on Jan. 17, called her names and threatened to have her arrested after Campbell couldn't find a specific pair of jeans.
Gibson's lawyer, Thomas D. Shanahan, did not return calls for comment by the AP.