– Conan O'Brien, on coming back to host this year's Emmys since his last turn at the podium in 2002
"It's tough when people are celebrated or become famous before they grow into themselves as an actor and as a human being...I'm just incredibly lucky to be so unpopular and uninteresting for so long."
– Jeremy Piven, on getting a supporting actor nod for Entourage
"I would be lying to you if I didn't say I am insanely happy. I'm surprised this has happened as quickly as it has. I'm very grateful. My skin is tingling all over right now."
– Best actress nominee Julia Louis-Dreyfus, on getting recognition for her new show, The New Adventures of Old Christine
"I think the best part will be getting to see everyone in their Emmy outfits. I can promise you this – no Pam hair."
– Jenna Fischer, on not attending the awards as her alter ego on The Office, which is up for five Emmys (including comedy series), to PEOPLE.com
"She gave me a big hug and said, 'Honey, I get to go shopping!' So she had her priorities in line."
– Law & Order: SVU's Chris Meloni, on his wife's reaction to his first Emmy acting nod, to Regis Philbin
"It's a double-edged sword all the way along this whole process because, 'Oh fantastic, I've been nominated. Oh (expletive), what am I going to wear?' "
– Dame Helen Mirren, on getting an acting nod for the miniseries Elizabeth I, to the Associated Press
Peter Brooker / REX USA
– Lisa Kudrow, up for The Comeback, on her pre-awards tradition, to the Associated Press
"Being an Emmy virgin, I just wanted this special experience to be really gentle and loving."
– Will Arnett, up for best supporting actor for Arrested Development, to PEOPLE.com