Phillips on the Late Show
CNN anchor Kyra Phillips, whose bathroom gossip was broadcast live on CNN on Tuesday, appeared on Thursday's Late Show with David Letterman to give her side of the story.
That is, she delivered Top 10 list of reasons why things went wrong. (Phillips accidentally left her mic on when she went to the ladies room while covering a speech by President Bush in New Orleans – and her family gossip was broadcast live. CNN issued an apology, and Phillips told Letterman no one was fired as a result of the snafu.)
Phillips's Top 10 list:
10. Still haven't mastered complicated on/off switch.
9. Larry King told me he does this all the time.
8. How was I supposed to know we had a reporter embedded in the bathroom.
7. I honestly never knew this sort of thing was frowned upon.
6. I couldn't resist a chance to win $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos.
5. I was set up by those bastards at Fox News.
4. Like you've never gone to the bathroom and had it broadcast on national television.
3. I just wanted that hunky Lou Dobbs to notice me.
2. Okay, so I was drunk and I couldn't think straight.
1. You have to admit, it made the speech a lot more interesting.