– Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie, to the Associated Press
"How's the new car, Mom and Dad? Maybe I'll be a jerk and buy you a new house!"
– Steve Carell, on how he responded to his parents' inquiry as to why he never plays "someone nice," to Jay Leno
"It was one step above prostitution."
– Grey's Anatomy star Sandra Oh, on what her Korean parents initially thought of her acting career, to Ellen DeGeneres
"I make black records. I write records like I speak, and I don?t try to change my songs so everyone else likes them."
– Beyoncé, to Blender
"I thought I was going to throw up or pee in my pants. I didn't know which one I was going to do."
– Jessica Simpson, on being nervous about the reception of her film Employee of the Month
"I can't stand those articles where people spill their life story. After a while I feel like I know more about them than their best friend does, and that's weird."
– Scarlett Johansson, to InStyle
– Ben Affleck, on being stalked by the paparazzi, on The Daily Show
"I believe in my heart that if Jesus were alive today he would be doing the same thing."
– Madonna, defending the crucifixion scene in her Confessions tour, to Reuters
"I want to be terrified ... I want full-tilt, 80-mile-an-hour heading into a brick wall."
– Drew Barrymore, on how she chooses roles, to Elle