– George Clooney, during his acceptance speech upon receiving the 21st Annual American Cinematheque Award
"Before I met my husband, you are about the best man I thought I ever knew…You can do wacky things with shaving cream and Neosporin and I don't mean that in a sexy way."
– Julia Roberts, before presenting George Clooney with the American Cinematheque Award
"As David's father I have no problem (with the adoption), so what is their concern? Are they jealous or what? What I want is good life, a good education for my child."
– Yohane Banda, father of the 15-month-old Malawian boy whom Madonna and Guy Ritchie are trying to adopt, to PEOPLE
"I don't believe that Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. I mean, that's an outrageous, drunken statement."
– Mel Gibson, to Diane Sawyer
"Mel has a new movie out. It's about the end of the Mayan civilization. And guess whose fault that was?"
– David Letterman
"Some people think that I would be afraid of them, but I'm never ever afraid of an animal. I just get excited and some that are dangerous I just think, 'Oooh! What's going to happen?' and things like that."
– Steve Irwin's 8-year-old daughter Bindi, who's following in her late father's footsteps, to ABC's Australian Story
stefan reimschuessel / Retna Celebs / Retna
– Jennifer Aniston, on rumors that she got breast implants, to Oprah Winfrey
"I got lucky. I happen to fall into a very special category called, 'Guys who are friends of Will Ferrell or Steve Carell.'"
– Paul Rudd, on how he transformed his career from romantic leading man to sleazy characters in such films as Anchorman and The 40 Year-Old Virgin, to Rolling Stone
"It's mean. They make the loser sing."
– Comedian Wanda Sykes, on what she loves about American Idol, in her HBO stand-up comedy special Sick & Tired