2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, defrosted overnight in the refrigerator
1 tbsp. water
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup grated Gruyére cheese
Flour for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 375º.
2. Roll out each sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured board to 10" by 12". Beat egg and water and brush surface of pastry. Sprinkle half the Parmesan, Gruyére and salt onto each sheet of pastry. Gently press the cheese into pastry with rolling pin. With a floured knife, cut each sheet into 12 strips.
3. Twist each strip, lay on baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown and puffed. Turn each straw and bake for another 2 minutes.
On Newsstands Now
- The Little Couple: A New Mom's Fight to Live
- Remembering Nelson Mandela
- Princess Kate's Style Secret!
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine