"Yes, it is unfortunately true that her home in Hawaii burned down this morning," said the rep, Cara Tripicchio. "Thankfully, Evangeline is safe as she was on set already when it occurred."
Tripicchio added: "There is no official statement, and I have no further comment or information to provide at this time."
The house, which Lilly reportedly shares with two women who work on the Lost crew, was empty at the time of the blaze. No injuries were reported.
Honolulu Fire Capt. Kenison Tejada said the fire is believed to have been sparked by a faulty electrical outlet in the outdoor porch area of the house. Damage to the house was estimated at $250,000, while the contents were valued at roughly $50,000.
Tejada said that his department received the alarm at 6:43 a.m. Wednesday, and that crews reached the scene six minutes later.
"When we arrived the house was fully engulfed," Tejada said. "It was a complete loss. Just the roof was still standing."
He confirmed that none of the house's three female residents were home at the time of the fire. Two were at work and the third was off island, he said.
Lilly, 27, who plays Kate on the series, earlier this year has been romantically linked to costar Dominic Monaghan.
Fire investigators arrived on the scene of the early morning blaze later on Wednesday.
"I woke up to my dogs barking," Morgan Janus, a neighbor who lives across the street, told the Honolulu Advertiser newspaper. "There were loud popping sounds, like something electrical."