– John Mayer, responding in Japanese about rumored girlfriend Jessica Simpson, to a befuddled Ryan Seacrest on the Grammys red carpet. (Mayer's cryptic quote was later translated by E!)
"We have a lot of friends in common, and Justin's a sweetheart, and it's always good to see him, but there's a lot of speculation and I try not to read that stuff. I think when two people are single and are seen together, it's immediately like a crazy feeding frenzy."
– Scarlett Johansson, also addressing rumors regarding the status of her relationship with Justin Timberlake, to E!'s Giuliana DePandi
"I, for the first time in my life, am speechless."
– Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines, accepting the Grammy for song of the year for "Not Ready to Make Nice"
"It's a story for the books. It's a story that will be written about and talked about. I imagine a major motion picture about it."
– Larry King, on the roller-coaster life and untimely death of Anna Nicole Smith
"I wish that would happen again."
– 17-year-old Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, on how a fan once surprised him at age 11 wearing only a towel, to The Observer
"Thank you, dogs and bitches all!"
– Helen Mirren, giving a shout-out to the real Queen Elizabeth's favorite four-legged friends – her Corgis – upon accepting a BAFTA for her role in The Queen
"As for the treatment Olivier has received of late, I can only reiterate that he simply does not deserve the kind of harassment or vitriol to which he has been subjected."
Dave Hogan / Getty
"I just want to come clean, I actually voted on myself."
– Notorious sore loser Kanye West, confessing to rapper friend Common on the Grammys stage about how he voted for last year's awards show
"You know what? I was happy. I think everybody else was happy. We're tired of you crying about not winning."