Kevin Federline's Family Court Hearing Canceled

UPDATED 02/22/2007 at 01:40 PM EST Originally published 02/22/2007 at 08:40 AM EST

Kevin Federline's Family Court Hearing Canceled
Federline and Spears
dave Bjerke/NBC; INF
After Britney Spears checked back into rehab on Thursday, a family court hearing over custody of the singer's two sons with estranged husband, Kevin Federline, has been canceled.

Minutes after the hearing's scheduled 8:30 a.m. start time, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini announced that Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, had called to say there would be no appearance. "A hearing won't be happening today and nothing has been filed," said Parachini.

Federline, 28, and Kaplan, had been scheduled to appear at a downtown Los Angeles courthouse for the emergency hearing in family law court.

It was not known what issue Federline planned to raise, but Kaplan was going to try to convince the court that the issue needed to be fast-tracked, Parachini said Wednesday.

Federline filed a claim seeking sole custody of his and Spears's sons Sean Preston, 17 months, and Jayden James, 5 months, after Spears filed for divorce in November.

In early January the exes agreed upon a temporary arrangement granting Spears primary custody of the boys, with visitation rights for Federline. On Feb. 1 that arrangement was extended through the end of this month.

Your Reaction

Follow Us

On Newsstands Now

Mystery of the Marine's Wife
  • Mystery of the Marine's Wife
  • Andi Tells PEOPLE: 'Our Love is Worth All the Drama'
  • Cameron Diaz: Ready to Wed?

Pick up your copy on newsstands

Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine

Advertisement

From Our Partners

Watch It

Editors' Picks

From Our Partners