– Avril Lavigne, on her early music role models, to Jane
"Under these blonde highlights I consider myself a pretty tough person. So don't cry for me, Argentina."
– Elisabeth Hasselbeck, on rumors that she cries backstage after she and Rosie O'Donnell argue on The View, to PEOPLE
"[It] looks like the one god gave me so im happy not to have crazy lips and a crazy teensy unnatural little nose."
– Courtney Love, about her nose job, on her Web site Moonwashedrose.com
"It's nice to just be spending time with my friends and family and also not having to worry about, you know, calling in and doing the check-in. I'm not really good at that."
– Rosario Dawson, on the upside of being single since splitting with boyfriend Jason Lewis last year, to PEOPLE
– Paula Abdul, when asked by fellow American Idol judge Randy, "Where's Simon?" at the Kids' Choice Awards
"As a 38-year-old man, I decided, this is the right time to take on figure skating. You know ... it looks hard on TV? It's not. It's easy. It's soooo easy."
– Mr. Sarcasm Will Ferrell, on learning how to skate for his film Blades of Glory, to the Late Show's David Letterman
ShowBizIreland / Getty
– Kate Beckinsale, on the most surprising thing about being married to an American, to Glamour
"You have permission to call me anything you want – except sir, all right? Lord of lords, your demigodness, that'll do."
– Bono, upon becoming a Knight of the British Empire
"Undercover Brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive."
– Eddie Griffin, after crashing a $1.5 million Ferrari during a charity event, to the Associated Press