Victoria Beckham TV Show Faces Uncertain Future
06/01/2007 AT 02:00 PM EDT
Although Britain's Daily Mirror reports that the former Posh Spice, 33, "walked out" of the six-part TV series documenting her impending move to Los Angeles, sources close to her deny this is the case.
"She hasn't pulled out but has decided to put David and her children first. Victoria was supposed to go back to L.A. this week and next week but has canceled," says a source. "What that means is that out of a very tight four or five-week filming schedule, half of it is lost."
Adds the source: "It is unlikely that the program will proceed as planned. It might end up being a one-hour special instead of a series."
David Beckham's last game for the Real Madrid team will be on June 17, but preparations are already underway for him and his wife – along with sons Brooklyn, 8, Romeo, 4, and Cruz, 2 – to move to Beverly Hills in mid July. It was announced in January that he had signed a five-year, multimillion deal with the Galaxy team in Los Angeles.
"The house has already been half-packed," one worker involved in the family's move tells PEOPLE. "It is a luxury house but it's not comfortable now. Boxes everywhere."
Earlier this week, Victoria was spotted in Marbella with her sister and her children. "It was the last family holiday together," says a family friend. "Victoria's really pleased with the house and her kids are looking forward to school."
"I'm not sure if the children really understand yet what it means to be moving to America," adds the friend. "But they will take to L.A. real quick." The Beckhams have bought a house in Beverly Hills for a reported $22 million.
Meanwhile, execs at NBC must decide what will happen to the reality show. "Victoria had great fun filming and she had to make a decision about family or TV," her spokeswoman tells PEOPLE. "It is up to the network what happens next."