Akon Denies Wrongdoing in Fan Tossing Incident

Akon Denies Wrongdoing in Fan Tossing Incident
Akon
Joey Foley/FilmMagic

06/06/2007 07:00PM

The singer Akon has agreed to cooperate with police in the investigation of a fan-tossing incident, but believes he didn't commit any crimes, his lawyer said Thursday.

"Given the information that we have reviewed to date, it does not appear to us that Akon was involved in any criminal conduct whatsoever," says his attorney Benjamin Brafman in a statement. "We are prepared to fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency that may be investigating this incident. We are confident that after a thorough investigation it will be apparent that no criminal prosecution of Akon is warranted.

Police have said Akon may face questioning after he threw an audience member from the stage into the crowd during a concert last weekend in upstate New York. The event was caught on video and posted on the Web. (See the YouTube clip below.)

Police, meanwhile, say they have identified the concert-goer as a 15-year-old boy whose name is being withheld, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal.

Detective Lt. John Berlingieri told the paper the boy's mother gave police his name.

So far, no charges have been filed.

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners