Gisele Bundchen Named World's Richest Model
07/18/2007 AT 05:00 PM EDT
The former Victoria's Secret model from Brazil, 26, has topped the Forbes.com list of the world's richest models, the Associated Press reports.
Her earnings in the past 12 months: $33 million, which has her far-outdistancing her nearest competition – even when their salaries are put together.
Kate Moss, 33, placed second, with $9 million, followed by third-ranked Project Runway host Heidi Klum, 34, with $8 million.
Still, says the business publication's Web site, Bundchen boasts "more contracts than any other model on the planet." Though her Victoria's Secret contract has expired, she still reps such high-end brands as Apple, Dolce & Gabbana and Roberto Cavalli, among others.
Rounding out the Top 5 were two other Victoria's Secret models: Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio. Each made $6 million.
Completing the Top 12 were the following:
6. Carolyn Murphy, with $5 million
7. Natalia Vodianova, $4.5 million
8. Karolina Kurkova and Daria Werbowy, $3.5 million each
9. Gemma Ward, $3 million
10. Liya Kebede ($2.5 million)
11. Hilary Rhoda and Shalom Harlow, $2 million each
12. Doutzen Kroes and Jessica Stam, $1.5 million each