Lindsay Lohan Sued Over Car Chase

Lindsay Lohan Sued Over Car Chase
Lindsay Lohan
Tony DiMaio/Shooting Star

updated 08/14/2007 AT 04:35 PM EDT

originally published 08/14/2007 AT 03:45 PM EDT

Lindsay Lohan was sued Tuesday for assault and negligence by a passenger in a car the actress allegedly chased while drunk last month

"What Miss Lohan did that night was extremely dangerous and reprehensible," Tracie Rice, the woman who filed the suit, said in statement, according to the Associated Press. "Someone could easily have been killed or seriously hurt because of her irresponsible decisions that evening."

Rice's attorney, Paul Hoffman tells PEOPLE: "My client, Tracie Rice, thought she was going to die that night, and wants Ms. Lohan to be held accountable because Lohan's behavior was so extreme and outrageous. Ms. Rice is still traumatized from the incident."

Hoffman says they're suing for an undisclosed amount. No hearing date has been selected yet.

Lohan's rep was not immediately available for comment.

Lohan, 21, was arrested last month on suspicion of drunken driving after the brief chase that ended in Santa Monica. Police later found a small amount of cocaine in her pocket.

Lohan was chasing a car driven by Michelle Peck, the mother of Lohan's assistant. Rice was a passenger in Peck's vehicle.

Three men have claimed they were unwilling passengers in the car Lohan was driving.
MORE ON: Lindsay Lohan

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners