Picks and Pans Review: You on a Diet ... Over the Holidays
updated 12/18/2006 AT 01:00 AM EST
•originally published 12/18/2006 AT 01:00 AM EST
• Gobble white-meat turkey It contains tryptophan, which increases serotonin to improve mood and help you resist cravings for simple carbs.
• Make beer your cocktail The bitter compounds in hops seem to activate agents that make your metabolism more efficient.
• Try scenting your home with grapefruit oil before entertaining Preliminary studies suggest the scent alone reduces appetite.
• Eat nuts half an hour before a party They cut your appetite.
• Use a breath mint strip before you eat It will dull your taste buds and make you a more popular guest.