Picks and Pans Review: You on a Diet ... Over the Holidays
Tis the season—for piling on those partying pounds. Think you know how to avoid it? Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen, the MD authors of You on a Diet, have some not-so-obvious tips.
• Gobble white-meat turkey It contains tryptophan, which increases serotonin to improve mood and help you resist cravings for simple carbs.
• Make beer your cocktail The bitter compounds in hops seem to activate agents that make your metabolism more efficient.
• Try scenting your home with grapefruit oil before entertaining Preliminary studies suggest the scent alone reduces appetite.
• Eat nuts half an hour before a party They cut your appetite.
• Use a breath mint strip before you eat It will dull your taste buds and make you a more popular guest.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: The Time of My Life!
- 45 Pages of Oscar!
- The Pistorius Trial: Why Did He Kill Her?
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine