Picks and Pans Review: I Like You by Amy Sedaris
Actress (Strangers with Candy), cupcake-baker, rabbit-lover and sister to writer David, Amy Sedaris has written a wackilicious volume featuring vintage recipes, semi-useless crafts and advice on hip hostessing. Here, hints on fine-tuning a guest list:
"A barnacle is that one person in your life you can never get rid of and no one really likes.... It is not wise to invite them to a dinner for six or less. People might lose their trust in you ... and that puts your party's good reputation on the line."
Specific pairings to avoid?
• Astrologer & astronomer
• Fraternity brother & anyone else
• Psychologist & psychiatrist
• Director & out-of-work actor
• A girl, her boyfriend & his secret girlfriend
• Serial killer & drunken teenager
For more entertaining antics from Amy, check out video at people.com/amy.
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine