Lisa Michelle Boyd, her stylist for five years, lets us in on Theron's style secrets:
• Her fashion philosophy: "When I first started working with her, she said, 'I am not interested in being a trendsetter. I am interested in looking good.'"
• Keys to her success: "She knows her own body and how best to carry herself. She's gone through the process of finding what works—that's sophistication."
• With accessories, less is more: "There is so much to look at on Charlize: her height, her gorgeous face, her presence. You don't need to do a lot. There'd be too many things fighting for attention."
• How she picks an Oscar dress: "The couture process starts with sketches, fabric swatches and color. Usually two dresses are made. Come that special night, you want to leave a window open. How she feels that day will dictate our choice."
Feminine vs. Masculine
In Dior Haute Couture by John Galliano at a premiere in L.A.
In a Stella McCartney suit at a screening in London.
On Newsstands Now
- Inside Kate's Life as a Princess Mom
- A Duggar Engaged
- Amanda Bynes: The Truth About Her Condition
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine