05/15/2006 at 01:00 AM EDT
BRANGELINA: Rumors Rebuffed!
What is it about ANGELINA JOLIE
and BRAD PITT
that inspires such tall and twisted tales? While the power couple lie low in Namibia, Insider—with the help of a connected source—sets the record straight on the most widely circulated myths:
1) Jolie has not signed on for Tomb Raider 3
and has no plans to play video-game heroine Lara Croft any time soon.
2) Pitt is not trying to convince Jolie to join the cast of Ocean's 13
. (Sorry, George.)
3) Jolie is not looking to adopt a Namibian infant—at least not right now.
4) The actress is not planning a "water birth" for the couple's baby-to-be, or to name the baby Africa.
5) Jolie's ill mom, MARCHELINE BERTRAND, is not near death and did not ask Jolie to give birth in France as a "dying wish."
6) Pitt did not purchase for Jolie a "fidelity necklace" as a pre-baby wedding gift. In fact they currently have no plans to marry.
7) Finally, Jolie is not planning to buy a small African nation of her own. Phew!
: lousy lunch date? When the Nanny Diaries star shot a smooching scene with CHRIS EVANS at N.Y.C.'s Columbia University April 26, she displaced throngs of picnicking students, prompting some to yell, "Go back to Hollywood!"
Aerosmith frontman STEVEN TYLER has a new squeeze: tour promoter ERIN BRADY. The two are vacationing in Mexico while the rocker, who had throat surgery in March, rests his voice. He's due to begin recording the band's 15th studio album in Boston May 20....
ANDRE BALAZS threw UMA THURMAN an elegant 36th-birthday party at N.Y.C.'s Frederick's April 29, featuring a three-tier Sylvia Weinstock cake. So are they really back on? "They couldn't keep their hands off each other," says a spy....
marked her 25th with boyfriend CASH WARREN and 40 pals (including EVA LONGORIA
) at L.A.'s new Bridge restaurant April 27. She held a second bash at N.Y.C.'s Stanton Social April 29....