• AGE: 37
HOMETOWN: New York City
YOU KNOW HIM AS: President Wayne Palmer, the latest occupant of 24's seemingly cursed Oval Office and kid brother of assassinated President David Palmer.
• Used to be: Robin Wood, principal of cursed Sunnydale High School, in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
• Playing the field: When an injury sidelined his college football career, Woodside turned his attention to the drama department. "I'd love to say study of the craft drew me to acting, but it was the women," he admits. "Theater was where the most beautiful women were."
• On the 24 set: Star Kiefer Sutherland is "intense," says Woodside. "Either you jump on the bus or the bus will roll over you. I think it is very dangerous to be running around with his character."
• Real life vs. TV: Comparisons between his character and actual White House hopeful Barack Obama are "unfair," says Woodside. "My guy starts out completely unsure of himself; I don't get that from Barack Obama in any way, shape or form. He's the most exciting candidate to come on the scene in my lifetime."
• Life outside the White House: Offscreen pastimes include watching Project Runway with his girlfriend and hitting the gym. "I don't feel right if I'm not working out four to five times a week," he says. "I just don't feel complete."
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine