2. Richard Dreyfuss starred in a Steven Spiel-I berg film in which humans communicated with UFOs via a five-note musical theme. What film?
3. In one of her last hits, Karen Carpenter sang out to which unidentified flying occupants?
4. How did HAL, the computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey, gel his name?
5. "In space, no one can hear you scream." What caused the unheard scream?
6. Who played the title character in My Favorite Martian?
7. After running the Ponderosa ranch as Ben Cart-wright, Lorne Greene moved into the future as commander Adama, skippering a very large spaceship. A A What was it called?
8. Who uttered these space) quotes:
a) "A Jedi craves not these things."
b) "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
c) "To boldly go where no one has gone before."
9. It starred in the film Forbidden Planet and later became a model for the robot in the TV series Lost in
Space. Name it.
10. Why didn't the space family Robinson (Lost in Space) trust Dr. Zachary Smith (far right)?
11. David Bowie sang of an exchange between Ground Control and Major Tom—and starred as a space alien. Name that tune and film.
1. RICARDO MONTALBAN
2. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND.
3. OCCUPANTS OF INTERPLANETARY CRAFT.
4. EACH LETTER HAPPENS TO BE ONE BACK IN THE ALPHABET FROM IBM, BUT ACCORDING TO THE AUTHUR C. CLARKE, HAL STANDS FOR HEURISTICALLY-PROGRAMMED ALGOITHMIC COMPUTER.
5. THE ALIENS IN ALIEN, ALIENS, AND ALIEN 3 ALL MADE SIGOURNEY WEAVER SHRIEK.
6. RAY WALSTON.
7. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
A) YODA, TRAINER OF JEDI KNIGHTS.
B) JIM KIRK (WILLIAM SHATNER), CAPTION OF THE ENTERPRISE IN STAR TREK.
C) JEAN-LUC PICARD (PATRICK STEWART), THE MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT CAPTION OF THE MODERNIZED STARSHIP IN STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.
9. ROBBY THE ROBOT.
10. HE SABOTAGED THEIR SHIP AND GOT THEM LOST IN SPACE.
11. DAVID BOWIE SANG "SPACE ODDITY" AND STARRED IN THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH.
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine