1. This Best Supporting Actress was the only person in her film to hear one of the characters. Whom could she hear? In what film?
2. Jason Robards won Best Supporting Actor awards two years in a row—for roles as a newspaper editor and a-a mystery writer. What were the films?
3. Stevie Wonder just called to say something (from the bottom of his heart). What was it, and what film featured the Oscar-winning song?
4. Who is this man, and what is he doing?
5. His statuette was recently sold at auction for $110,000. He shared the award with three colleagues in 1970. What for?
6. Name two British actors who were each nominated seven times for Oscars but never won. (Hint: They co-starred in Becket.)
7. Why is the Academy Award called the Oscar: a) It's named after Oscar Hammerstein, first songwriter to win one; b) The initials stand for Our Stars Can Always Reign; c) The academy's librarian said it looked like her uncle Oscar?
8. Six times a nominee but never a winner—who is this British actress? (Hint: She starred with Yul Brynner in The King & I.)
9. She won her first statuette in 1934 and another three over the next 40 years. Who is she?
10. What is the source of the title of the Oscar-winning film Rain Man?
11. Despite the delightful drag, Dustin Hoffman didn't win a 1982 Best Actor for Tootsie, but a costar did. Who is she?
1. WHOOPI GLOBERG PLAYED A MEDIUM WHO COULD COMMUNICATED WITH PATRICK SWAYZE IN GHOST.
2. HE PLAYED BEN BRADLEE IN ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN (1976) AND DASHIELL HAMMETT IN JULIA (1977).
3. "I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU" IS FROM 1984'S THE WOMAN IN RED.
4. JACK PALANCE, 72, IS DOING PUSH-UPS TO SHOW OFF HIS FITNESS AT LAST YEAR'S AWARDS AFTER WINNING BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR FOR CITY SLICKERS.
5. JOHN LENNON AND THE BEATLES WON BEST ORIGINAL SONG SCORE FOR LET IT BE.
6. PETER O'TOOLE AND RICHARD BURTON.
7. C. (THE LIBRARIAN'S NAME WAS MARGARET HERRICK.)
8. DEBORAH KERR.
9.KATHARINE HEPBURN (HER LATEST WAS FOR ON GOLDEN POND).
10. CHARLIE (TOM CRUISE
) BABBITT'S MISPRONUNCIATION OF THE NAME OF HIS BROTHER, RAYMOND (DUSTIN HOFFMAN). WHEN THEY WERE CHILDREN.
11. JESSICA LANGE WON BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS FOR TOOTSIE.