Dancing with the Stars' Drew Lachey
LATEST GIG: A spin on the new season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars
▪ Waltz Aside, John O'Hurley: In preparation for his Dancing debut on Jan. 5, Drew Lachey rehearsed four hours a day, five days a week, with his partner, professional hoofer Cheryl Burke. “There's a lot of muscles that I don't normally work out, and a lot of side-to-side hip action that most men are not accustomed to doing,” says the former 98 Degrees boy-band member and younger brother of Nick. Fortunately his wife, dancer and choreographer Lea, 29, “has been helping me with my posture, my feet,” says Drew.
▪ Jump, Jive and Wail: The couple will soon have an even busier dance card: They're expecting their first child in March. Switching between crash courses in the cha-cha and Lamaze, the expectant dad says, “my head is being torn in so many directions now!”
▪ Let's Get Ready to Rumba: Sizing up the competition, “I heard Giselle [Fernandez]'s father was a professional flamenco dancer, and Jerry Rice took some ballet,” says Lachey. “I think Jerry is my biggest competitor.”
▪ So What Does Nick Think? “Ever since he found out I was going to do it, he's been jokingly giving me a hard time,” Drew says of his 32-year-old brother. And who's the better dancer? “Oh, you don't have to ask,” says Drew, who also acts as Nick's manager. “It's me! Nick would openly admit to that, too!”
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: The Time of My Life!
- 45 Pages of Oscar!
- The Pistorius Trial: Why Did He Kill Her?
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine