Picks and Pans Review: Buzz Book What Would Jackie Do?
When faced with conundrums large or small, editors Shelly Branch and Sue Callaway always asked themselves how the ever-decorous Mrs. Kennedy Onassis might have behaved. Now, after research and interviews with her friends for their new book, they actually have some idea:
• WOULD JACKIE … EMULATE CELEB FASHION? “No!” says Branch. “ She wouldn't be interchangeable.”
• CARRY AN IPOD? “I asked her friend Carly Simon that—she thought no. They're very fussy, and she didn't necessarily have the patience [to deal with one]. ”
• GET A BRAZILIAN WAX? “Certainly not. She was fastidious, but she didn't believe body rituals should be subject to trends.”
• SNEAK FOOD INTO THE MOVIES? “She brought entire picnic baskets.”
•CRY AT SENATE HEARINGS, LIKE MRS. ALITO? “Never.”
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine