Picks and Pans Review: Danielle Steel's Ex
When venture capitalist Perkins, 73, decided to try his hand at a novel, he turned to the prolific Steel, with whom he remains close after their 1999 breakup. "I wouldn't have done this book without Danielle," he says. Here, her tips that helped him write the frothy Sex and the Single Zillionaire.
• Tell a good story that's emotionally satisfying
• Let characters take on lives of their own
• Then, rewrite
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine