Picks and Pans Review: Three Reasons I Love ... Dirty Jobs
1) HOST MIKE ROWE. With the perfect balance of humor and respect, he digs right in with everyone from septic tank cleaners to roughnecks to turkey farmers. "Holy crap!" he'll say, before barfing into the ocean while grinding chum.
2) THE LESSONS. Whether learning what a vomitologist does (hint: it's as gross as it sounds) or how that burger you couldn't finish eventually ends up fertilizing a vineyard, the "ohhhh, so that's how that works" moments are priceless.
3) THE MANLY MEN. My boss wears Prada shoes. His boss wears Gucci suits. The guys on Dirty Jobs? Instead of shopping for reptile-skin briefcases, they're working up a sweat skinning alligators, and until smellavision catches on, that's what I call sexy.
On Newsstands Now
- Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
- Emma and Andrew: All About Hollywood's Cutest Couple
- Prince George! More Yummy Photos
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine