11/05/2007 AT 11:55 AM EST
Kylie Minogue has demanded an apology from a British newspaper that is claiming she was forced to cancel a world tour because of health problems.
"Her representatives have asked the Mail
to print a prominent apology for today's highly damaging story," according to a statement given to PEOPLE by her record company, EMI. "We would like to make it clear that the report in today's Daily Mail
that Kylie has cancelled a forthcoming tour on doctor's orders is completely false."
On Monday, the newspaper published a story claiming the 39-year-old singer who survived breast cancer, shelved plans for a world tour next year. The article includes quotes attributed to Minogue and has since been picked up by other news outlets.
However, according to EMI, "There were and are no dates currently confirmed. If and when dates are confirmed they will be announced in the normal manner. Thus, reports in the Daily Mail
that Kylie has canceled a tour are not true for the simple reason that no tour had been booked."
The statement adds, "Kylie has said on numerous occasions that she loves touring and that she might tour again in the near future."
Minogue's management also deny that touring would put her health at risk and insist she did not give the newspaper any quotes.
"Kylie has not been told by her doctors that touring, 'could seriously harm her health.' She did not give the quotes reported in the Mail
today," the statement adds. "Touring is something that she is still considering for the future. Her health remains excellent and she is in the middle of promoting her new single and album."
The controversy coincides with the official launch of Minogue's own social network for her fans, called Kylie Konnect