How to Get a Hollywood Body!
03/27/2008 AT 01:00 PM EDT
1. Less (clothing) is more. "There are parts of my body that I don't mind and parts that I can't stand," the actress admits. How she gets around it: bathing suits ("There's nothing constricting the bad areas") and "long, flowy summer dresses. You never feel fat."
2. Is a tomboy. "I've always played a lot of sports – volleyball, softball, baseball. I was a gymnast for nine years."
3. Walks with her dogs. When she's not working, Panettiere takes daily strolls with her pets up the hill near her West Hollywood condo.
4. Is consistent. While filming Marley & Me in Miami, the actress has been working out for an hour a day on the hotel's elliptical machine.
5. Makes workouts fun. Aniston does her cardio to her iPod.
6. Watches the cocktails. She's fond of red wine and lychee martinis – but usually sticks to just one.
7. Eats fish. In Miami, a typical meal for Aniston has been three rolls of sushi or a fish entrée at Michael's Genuine.
8. His workouts consist of "interval strength training" – doing, say, a squat and a shoulder press at the same time.
9. "I definitely love to stay active. If it gets me outside and gets me moving, then I love doing it."
10. "I go through a phase where I just eat whatever. Then when I'm finally fed up, I stop and I'm back on my regimen. And it keeps going like that."
11. "I do the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. I speed it up in between, then I come down, then I come up some more."
12. "I hate vegetables but vegetables help. Carbs are my biggest enemy."
13. "If I know I'm going on vacation, I'll do Pilates for two weeks straight."
14. Flaunts her assets. Her favorite body part? "My butt. It makes my clothes look good. It's not a dress – it's a dress! My butt perks up everything."
15. "When I 'm working, I 'm incredibly disciplined, because when you 're portraying someone else, your body isn 't your own. But when I 'm not working, I think less about what I eat. For example, last night I had a club sandwichand two nights ago I had pizza. You 've got to live!"
16."I normally eat everything under the sun. But once a year for a month, I eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and lean fish, and I feel great."
17. "Just have a little bit of something that you want. Don't overdo it."
18. The star's trainer Joe Dowdell says three days of cardio a week "is healthy. You shouldn't go to extremes."