Picks and Pans Review: Julie Andrews: Who Knew?
• HER STEPFATHER MADE SEXUAL ADVANCES WHEN SHE WAS A TEEN "I mumbled, 'I'm really sleepy. Good night now!'" she writes. He didn't try again.
• SHE FLUNKED HER FIRST SCREEN TEST "The hair department curled my hair into ringlets ... [I looked] like a ghastly version of Shirley Temple." The verdict: "Not photogenic enough for film."
• RICHARD BURTON HINTED HE WANTED MORE THAN FRIENDSHIP During Camelot, "I think I was the only woman in the company who hadn't succumbed to his overwhelming allure."
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine