Ashley Dupré Drops Her Suit Against Joe Francis
Ashley Alexandra Dupré, the woman at the center of New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer's call-girl scandal, withdrew her $10-million lawsuit against Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis and his film company on Thursday afternoon.
The suit, originally filed in April, claimed that Dupré's name and image had been exploited for profit.
"Ms. Dupré wants to eliminate all negativity from her life and focus on the positive," Dupré's attorney Richard C. Wolfe said in a statement. "She has prospects for many exciting new projects and is looking forward to starting a new chapter."
Francis could not immediately be reached for comment.
The lawsuit alleged that Dupré was duped into signing a release form and exposing her breasts for Girls Gone Wild cameras in 2003, when she was only 17.
After the lawsuit was filed, Francis said he was "surprised and in fact amazed" by her claims, noting that he had not released new video of Dupré "due to corporate policy of not using footage of individuals younger than 18." Francis also asserted that Dupré gave her consent on video when the footage was taken, and at that time provided his camera crew with identification that showed she was 18. Francis later released video clips that supported those assertions.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: The Time of My Life!
- 45 Pages of Oscar!
- The Pistorius Trial: Why Did He Kill Her?
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine