Picks and Pans Review: Remembering the Reeves
In a new biography, Christopher Andersen looks back at the tragically shortened lives of Christopher Reeve and his wife, Dana. Among the surprises:
• Christopher was so afraid of marriage that he was seeing a psychiatrist—and the couple were about to break up—when Dana discovered she was pregnant with son Will, now 16.
• Believing this was not "the kind of life he would want to live," Reeve's mother, Barbara, initially suggested that doctors should take him off life support following the riding accident that left him paralyzed.
• Christopher was so set on regaining his ability to walk that when a new drug that could have helped ended up putting him into potentially fatal anaphylactic shock, he asked to try it again.
On Newsstands Now
- The Little Couple: A New Mom's Fight to Live
- Remembering Nelson Mandela
- Princess Kate's Style Secret!
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine