updated 09/10/2008 AT 01:00 AM EDT
•originally published 09/10/2008 AT 01:00 AM EDT
Carrie Underwood ditched her chic red carpet style for a jersey at the 18th annual City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge in Nashville June 4. The singer and her teammates—including Vince Gill and Chris Cagle—were no match for Jo Dee Messina's mean pitches (her team lost 8-1). But the star still signed autographs like a pro!
6 CHANGES KEEP SCORE
1. The cap to Carrie's marker turned purple.
2. The man's baseball cap got a case of the blues.
3. Someone must have cleaned the windows. The red letters are gone.
4. The autograph seeker's hot pink tank turned orange.
5. The "A" on her outer shirt became a "V."
6. Hey! Who added a black stripe to Carrie's jersey?
GO TO PEOPLE.COM FOR MORE GAMES