Picks and Pans Review: Suze Orman's Top Tips for Tough Times
1. PAY DOWN CREDIT CARD DEBT Your No. 1 priority! If you pay the minimum monthly but your balance is growing, companies can reduce your credit limit—or even revoke your card and raise the interest to 32 percent.
2. KEEP INVESTING Don't stop investing in the stock market until you're 5-10 years from retiring.
3. LEARN ABOUT THE REQUIRED MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION CHANGE! For '09, you don't have to take money out of your retirement account—and pay taxes on it—once you turn 70 1/2. So if you don't need it, don't take it out.
4. STAY CURRENT Lots of rules are changing this year. Visit suzeorman.com to keep up.
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine