Zach Lipp/AdMedia/Sipa Press
02/19/2009 at 07:00 AM EST
creator Tina Fey couldn't have imagined a crazier scenario: Tracy Morgan blames a faulty fish tank light for igniting a fire Wednesday morning in his Manhattan Trump Plaza apartment, but no one was hurt – not even the shark or piranha in the tank, say news reports.
"My thanks to the New York Fire Department for their quick action," Morgan, 40, said in a statement after the smoke had cleared. "Fortunately, the fire did not spread and no one in the building was hurt. Even the fish are okay."
In all, reports MSNBC
, 78 firefighters from 25 units responded to the blaze, which set off sprinklers on the 16th floor of the building, where Morgan lives, as well as on other floors.
co-host Sherri Shepherd, who happens to live in the same building and
plays the wife of Morgan character's on 30 Rock
, said on The View
Wednesday that her nanny called and let her know that her floor had flooded.
– Stephen M. Silverman