Five Things You Need to Know About Bradley Cooper
06/22/2009 AT 02:40 PM EDT
1. He likes a down-to-earth woman: The actor recently took Jennifer Aniston on a late-night date, has been previously linked to Cameron Diaz and was briefly married to actress Jennifer Esposito. As for what quality he looks for in a partner, he has said: "Give me an authentic woman, and I'm happy."
2. He has two rescue dogs: "I have two beautiful dogs that I cherish. Samson is a 14-year-old German short hair pointer and Charlotte is a 6 or 7 year-old Chow Retriever mix. They are both rescue dogs and they are the best ... I'm sort of a hybrid of both my dogs. Samson is stoic and makes me earn it and Charlotte loves me undyingly. They're my kids."
3. He graduated from Georgetown University: "I loved the college experience of studying. I was very grateful to be there … I applied out of high school and I didn't get in, and then I applied as a transfer and got in," says the actor who graduated from the school's honors English program in 1997. "I felt honored to be there, so I worked my ass off. The whole time I was there I thought I wasn't smart enough so I felt like I had to."
4. He is fluent in French: "When I was a kid, I remember watching Chariots of Fire. And French is the official language of the Olympics. So there's a scene where a guy was speaking French and I thought, 'Man, that sounds so cool. I want to learn French.' "
5. He's a master in the kitchen: "I seriously love to cook ... My grandmother was an amazing cook. As a kid I used to help her make handmade pasta, Cavatelli and Ravioli. It was one of my favorite things to do. I love the idea of making whatever is in the fridge into something."
Reporting by LISA INGRASSIA and PAUL CHI