Chris Brown and Rihanna
Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic; Gilbert Flores/Celebrity Photo
and Chris Brown
had two previous violent episodes before the Feb. 8 fight, which ultimately led to Brown's arrest and felony conviction
, court documents reveal.
The "Umbrella" singer allegedly slapped Brown in a heated argument three months prior to the February incident, according to Brown's probation review released Tuesday.
In that previous fight, which occurred in Europe, Brown responded by pushing Rihanna into a wall, the documents say. The couple "were involved in a verbal dispute and [she] slapped [him]." Brown "responded by shoving her into a wall."
A second fight occurred about three weeks prior to the Feb. 8 incident.
Brown and Rihanna "were visiting Barbados and were driving a Range Rover loaned to them," according to the documents. "They had an argument inside the car. [Brown] exited and broke the front driver and passenger side windows of the car. No one was injured during the incident."
The documents also reveal that in the Feb. 8 incident, which began after Brown allegedly received a text message from a previous lover, that Rihanna "said she became 'enraged' and slammed both of her fists against the dashboard," which led to Brown pulling the Lamborghini over and trying to force her out, which escalated into a physical fight
Lawyers for both Rihanna, 21, and Brown, 20, weren't immediately available for comment.
In a June 26 interview with his probation officer, Brown stated that since the Feb. 8 fight, he had been very "depressed." Brown stated he grew up watching his mother being physically abused and said he did not want to "carry on that cycle."
Brown repeatedly told the officer he regretted the incident, and said he initially wanted to plead guilty right away, but his attorney advised against it.
"I want to take responsibility for my mistake," Brown told the officer, adding he is "totally remorseful for what I have done."
Brown was formally sentenced
Tuesday to six months of community labor, five years probation, and was ordered not to contact Rihanna for the next five years.