Jon and Kate Gosselin
Ethan Miller/Getty; Brian Flannery/Flynet
The nasty war between Jon and Kate Gosselin just took its ugliest turn yet.
According to Radar Online
, Jon cleared out the couple's joint bank account, leaving his estranged wife with just $1,000. Another account, set up for the Gosselin children, was untouched, Radar reports.
A source familiar with the situation confirmed the details of the report to PEOPLE, and said Kate plans to take legal action.
When initially reached for comment, a rep for Jon was unaware of the situation and had no comment.
The allegation against Jon caps an intensely bitter week between the couple, during which their TLC series Jon & Kate Plus Eight suspended production
. The move followed the network's announcement on Sept. 29 that Jon was being dropped from the show, and him saying he wanted stop the show
because it was damaging his children.
Speaking to CNN interviewer Larry King on Oct. 1, Jon, 32, said he last spoke to Kate "3½ weeks ago," and that she wants to keep the show going "for financial reasons.”
Asked by King how much he made from the series last year, Jon replied $1 million before taxes, $500,000 after.
Jon also told King that he had experienced an "epiphany" that the series was no longer in his children’s best interest.
Rebutting Jon's claim about their kids, Kate, 34, issued a statement
on Oct. 1 saying, "Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids."
Although Jon has said he would like to put the brakes on the divorce, Kate's attorney, Mark Momjian, said on Larry King Live
that the divorce case would not be delayed. "It's going to go forward."