The Neelys' ...
DINNER FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The Food Network couple share their recipe for a southern-style family dish
DEEP FRIED PORK CHOPS
• Peanut oil for deep-frying
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp. salt
• 1 tsp. black pepper
• Four 1-inch-thick bone-in center-cut pork chops
1. Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in large Dutch oven to 325 degrees (or frying pan on high). Place the flour in a large casserole dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the chops in the flour mixture, patting off the excess.
2. Place the chops, two at a time, in the hot oil and fry until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer the cooked chops to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chops.
Down Home with the Neelys is available at bookstores now.
On Newsstands Now
- Amy Robach: 'I'm Lucky to Be Alive'
- Paul Walker: Inside His Tragic Death
- Julia Roberts: Choosing Family Over Hollywood
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine