At PEOPLE, we've done the same thing – only, as might be expected, with a Hollywood twist. Of all the things we hope happen to the celebrities we both love and, well, don't always care for, these wishes for the future top our list.
And if they come true, it's a solid sign that 2010 will be an improvement over '09.
10. Jon Gosselin joins the Peace Corps on a special mission with Nadya Suleman, and neither is heard from again.
9. Brad Pitt cuts off his Billy goat beard.
8. Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner both start dating other people named Taylor again, break up with their respective Taylors, and the economy fully recovers thanks to a "Team Taylor" T-shirt boom.
7. Kanye West sits out the year. And turns his blog OFF!!!
6. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart elope in Niagara Falls at a ceremony officiated by a vampire-Elvis impersonator.
5. Jersey Shore's Snooki finds love with a suave European sophisticate, landing her her own show called Snooki and the Prince, with frequent crossovers with The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
4. Lady Gaga wears an outfit so jaw-droppingly bizarre and amazing that Lindsay Lohan vows never to work in fashion again.
3. Adam Lambert covers Susan Boyle's Britain's Got Talent audition, and Susan Boyle covers Adam Lambert's AMA performance.
2. Jennifer Aniston falls in love with someone who treats her the way she deserves – and it sticks.
1. Jay-Z and Beyoncé take up residence in Vegas and start a family by having a baby who promptly gets his or her own recording contract.
Bonus (because even the Jonas Brothers have one): Jessica Simpson has the BEST YEAR EVER. After winning Dancing with the Stars, she and pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy get engaged.
Happy New Year!