Jessica Alba's Fish Sticks Mishap Causes Near Fire

04/29/2010 at 11:40 AM EDT

Jessica Alba's Fish Sticks Mishap Causes Near Fire
Jessica Alba
GSI Media
All she wanted to do was make some fish sticks for her daughter. Instead, Jessica Alba caused a smoky situation and set off the fire alarm at her New York hotel.

In town to premiere her new movie The Killer Inside Me at the Tribeca Film Festival, Alba was attempting to heat up some fish sticks in her room at the Smyth Hotel on Wednesday when, according to Internet reports, she couldn't figure out how to work the oven. Instead, the actress almost caused a fire in the hotel – with smoke so bad that fire trucks were called to the scene.

But Alba's rep tells PEOPLE there was no fire. "They were preparing Honor's dinner," her rep, Brad Cafarelli, says. "[There was] no fire – just some smoke that unfortunately set off the alarm."


Alba is also a judge at the Tribeca Film Festival.



News of the near fish stick fire was first reported by the New York Post. – Julie Jordan

See what other readers have to say about this story – or leave a comment of your own


Meet Sandra Bullock's baby! For the whole story – including photos of her son Louis, an emotional interview about her breakup with Jesse James and her life as a new mom – pick up the new issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

PeopleTV Archive: Watch Jessica's Style Evolution

Your Reaction

Follow Us

On Newsstands Now

Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
  • Emma and Andrew: All About Hollywood's Cutest Couple
  • Prince George! More Yummy Photos

Pick up your copy on newsstands

Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine

Advertisement

From Our Partners

Watch It

Editors' Picks

From Our Partners



Sign up for our daily newsletter and other special offers.
    Choose your newsletters
Thank you for signing up! Your request may take up to one week to be processed.
    see all newsletters