Housewives of NJ: Reunion Highlights
06/24/2009 AT 12:00 AM EDT
• In "bubbies" news, Dina said she's going to get a breast reduction. "They're just really annoying," she said. "There's a fine line between tasteful and tacky." And Danielle claimed to have a "very sick bubbie." She explained: "My left one has been encapsulated for about four years. It causes me a lot of pain . . . It never took into its pocket properly. I was looking at losing my breasts all together."
• Viewers wrote in, according to host Andy Cohen, wondering about Dina's husband since he's hasn't appeared on the show. "He doesn't really exist," she joked. "No, he's working all the time and we have very little time together. We have breakfast every morning together and we have date night every Thursday . . . We have the whole night to be boyfriend and girlfriend, so that's our special time and we didn't feel we needed cameras in our face."
• After replaying the scene at a dance studio when Joe, Teresa's husband, said, "He's so gay," referring to the instructor, Danielle explained why she was offended. "My best friend and the only man I've ever had in my life is gay," she said "I don't have family. He's been my only family and so yeah, I wasn't mad, I was hurt."
When Cohen, who is gay, said he was also offended, Teresa said, "I'm going to apologize for my husband because he really did feel bad when he saw it but she didn't have to take it the way she did and put it out like that."
• But Teresa wasn't going to apologize for the way she's raising her kids. "When I was growing up, my dad, anything I ever wanted, he gave me. And I turned out great. Not to toot my own horn," she said as she patted herself on the back, "I think I'm fabulous and hopefully I'm just trying to be the best mom that I can."
• Dina said she thought comparisons to HBO's mob drama The Sopranos are unfair. "It's because we live in New Jersey. And I said over and over again in the press, if it's the same group of girls filming in Ohio, it wouldn't be an issue," she said. "You take someone like Tamra Barney of Orange County or Jill Zarin of New York, who have a strong attitude or whatever -- they live in New Jersey, you're going to call them a mafia wife also . . . It has no relevance to the show and it's hurtful."
Her sister Caroline added, "Our family has been beaten up, tossed around, turned upside-down saying that we have mob connections. I take tremendous offense to that. My father-in-law was a victim of a horrific crime . . . He was murdered."
• And to close out the show, Caroline took the floor, hoping to put an end to speculation about her family. "I am small but I am scrappy and you don't want to mess with me," she said. "You believe what you want to believe. It's sticks and stones. I will go head to head and toe to toe with anybody that would like to challenge me to say that my husband and his family are involved with organized crime. I am proud to be Caroline Manzo."
Part 2 of the Watch What Happens reunion show airs Thursday (9 p.m. ET) on Bravo.
Tell us: What was the best moment from the reunion show?