TV Roundup: The VMAs Are Heading to L.A., Y’All!
• The MTV Video Music Awards will be returning to Los Angeles after a decade. The ceremony will take place September 7 at the Paramount Pictures studio in Hollywood. Any bets on whether Britney Spears will make her second attempt at a comeback?
• It’ll weigh as much as a baby and hit store shelves just in time for the holiday season. HBO will release a 10 lb., 30 disc Sopranos box set in November that will retail for $400. Yes, you read that right--$400. Tony Soprano says what's a couple of extra zeroes between good fellas?
• The 35th annual Daytime Emmy Awards drew 5.3 million viewers, down 3 million from last year. Those who forgot to TiVo it can just tune into the Tyra Banks Show. Tyra promises to be talking up her victory for the rest of the month.
• Ryan Eggold, of Dirt fame, has signed on to play a teacher at West Beverly High on The CW’s 90210 spinoff this fall. So we expect he'll be playing the teacher with the loose lips at West Beverly.
• Fox Reality Channel announced a new show for its fall line-up: Gimme My Reality Show!, which will have "celebrities"--including Traci Bingham, Santino Rice, and Gretchen Bonaduce-- compete for their own show. We propose a counter-programming show: Please Cancel That Show.
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine