TV Roundup: Michelle Obama to Guest Co-Host The View
• Michelle Obama isn’t letting her husband get all the screen time. The senator’s wife–and possible future first lady--will guest co-host The View June 18. Cross your fingers for a debate with everybody’s favorite republican, Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
• Meanwhile both Barack Obama and John McCain are putting aside bipartisan politics to endorse Lifetime's series Army Wives! We always knew television would help the two presidential candidates see eye to eye.
• I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of Tara -- that’s what Showtime is hoping viewers will say after getting hooked on its newest series starring Toni Collette and everyone’s favorite Sex and the City ex, John Corbett. Bet you thought it was a sequel to E!'s Taradise, starring everyone's favorite American Pie alum Tara Reid.
• You can call him Mr. Daytime Overachiever. Soap star -- and Dancing with the Stars alum -- Cameron Mathison can check another thing off his career to-do list: host a game show. The actor will hosting Your Place or Mine, where families will compete against each other for completely-furnished room to add to their homes. But Mathison still has more he wants to conquer. "A morning show or being part of a talk show team, would be the absolute. ... If I arrive there, then I'm chasing nothing else."
Amy Sussman/Getty; Andrew H. Walker/Getty
On Newsstands Now
- Kim's Delivery Room Drama!
- Katie: A Year After Split
- Princess Kate: Palace's Baby Plan Revealed
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine