Monday’s Dancing: What You Didn’t See
Miami Nice The ladies in the audience were slack-jawed when Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska performed their "Welcome to Miami" hip-hop freestyle. But it was Taylor's wife, Katina, who was the most impressed, especially when Sliwinska pulled off Taylor’s white tank top at the end of the routine. She put her fingers in her mouth and began to whistle as though her hubby had scored a touchdown! "I had my football game face on," Katina said, laughing. "I learned how to whistle like that from my brothers, who play football. And I brought it out for the Super Bowl of dancing." As for Jason’s chest-baring freestyle, she says: "It was awesome! I bet America and all the women loved it. I sure did."
A Chile Reception While Cristian de la Fuente did post-show press interviews, his 3-year-old Laura sat in Len Goodman's seat at the judges' table. Dressed as a princess, Daddy's girl waved a Chilean flag and held up a homemade "10" paddle. De la Fuente had his daughter and an entire country rooting for him: The show aired live in de la Fuente's native Chile. "This is the first time the show was broadcast live in another country,” he said. "They can vote for us online," his partner, Cheryl Burke, added. She's a Kiss-Up Bruno Tonioli got another shocking smooch on the cheek from Kristi Yamaguchi after she and partner Mark Ballas nailed their freestyle. The skater says kissing up to the judge was all part of her master plan. “Mark said, ‘Go give Bruno a kiss on the cheek’ and I said, ‘Okay,'" Yamaguchi told PEOPLE. “Bruno has shown me some love all season so it was nice to give him a little peck.” One guy who's always been in Kristi's corner: husband Bret Hedican, who gushed, "She really put herself out there by doing the tough moves she did tonight. I love that she let loose tonight."
A Bundle of Nerves They’ve got arguably the best Dancing physiques, but pros Edyta Sliwinska and Cheryl Burke tell PEOPLE they were a bundle of nerves before Monday’s performance show. “I was definitely more nervous than I’ve felt in a very long time,” said Sliwinska, who danced in her first-ever finale after being on all six seasons of DWTS. As for two-time Dancing champ Burke, she says: “I couldn’t sleep last night. I was more nervous for Cristian because I didn’t want him to hurt his other arm.”
More Stuff You Didn't See: • As hosts Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris read through the opening comments, Jason Taylor and Cristian de la Fuente worked the crowd by pointing to different sections, which made the audience go wild.
• Season five Dancing champ Helio Castroneves was back in the ballroom doing correspondent duties for Entertainment Tonight. Castroneves, who will race in the Indianapolis 500 in just five days, told PEOPLE he barely made it to the studio. “I was in New York and Indianapolis today before I came here,” Castroneves explained. "We got here just in time!" As for Sunday's big race, he says: It’s going to be so good. I can feel it. But you know, I wish we could have vote like on Dancing with the Stars! But I will have to do the job all by myself.”
• Seated in the front row with her partner Tony Dovolani, Marissa Jaret Winokur was caught hoisting her dress up over her cleavage by Bruno Tonioli, who began to laugh. Winokur responded with a hearty shimmy. “I told Bruno I brought my breasts to sit in the audience because that was the only way I was going to get any camera time,” Winokur quipped. “How else do you beat Edyta’s vajayjay? You bring out the breasts.”
More: I (Heart)DWTS! Watch the dramaPhotos:Kelsey McNeal/ABC
On Newsstands Now
- Brad's Devotion: The Inside Story
- Oklahoma Tornado: Heroic Rescues
- Michael Douglas on Catherine's Health
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine