The Bachelor: Mike Sorrentino
updated 03/09/2011 AT 01:00 AM EST
•originally published 03/09/2011 AT 01:00 AM EST
MAMA'S SPECIAL CHEESECAKE
2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1½ cups sugar
1 lb. (2 cups) ricotta cheese
1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
1 stick unsalted butter (½ cup), softened, plus more for greasing pan
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat cream cheese and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add sugar, ricotta, sour cream and butter, and beat until smooth.
4. Add vanilla and lemon juice, and beat until smooth. Beat in cornstarch until smooth.
5. Line the bottom and sides of a 10-in. springform pan with aluminum foil and grease with butter.
6. Place an empty lasagna pan or baking dish on the bottom shelf of oven and carefully fill halfway with boiling water.
7. Place cheesecake on middle shelf and bake until just set but center is still jiggly and top is lightly browned, 90 to 100 minutes.
8. Turn off heat, open oven door and leave cheesecake in oven an additional 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate, covered, 8 to 12 hours.