Gabriel Aubry Calls Halle Berry's Allegations 'Untrue and Irresponsible'

Gabriel Aubry Calls Halle Berry's Allegations 'Untrue and Irresponsible'
Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry in 2006
Dave Allocca/Startraks

02/01/2011 07:15PM

Gabriel Aubry is responding for the first time to Halle Berry's claims that their 2½-year-old daughter Nahla may be unsafe in his care.

"While Gabriel is disappointed in Halle’s decision to falsely malign him publicly and for her own purposes, he refuses to be pulled into her dispute over a canceled film production," a rep for the model, 34, said Tuesday in a statement to Access Hollywood.

"Gabriel also refuses to air their issues in the press as he believes this may ultimately harm their daughter," the statement continues. "The fact is that Gabriel is a caring father who shares custody of Nahla."

On Monday, Berry’s rep issued a statement to PEOPLE, stating that the Oscar winner, 44, had dropped out of her New Year's Eve film to focus on “custody issues” related to Nahla.



"Halle has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time and is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect her," the actress's statement said.

The couple split in April, and appeared to have been amicable. The first sign of trouble came when Aubry filed for joint custody of their daughter last month.

See what other readers have to say about this story – or leave a comment of your own
MORE ON: Halle Berry

Share this story:

Your reaction:

advertisement

From Our Partners

From Our Partners