With Valentine's Day fast approaching, the reality star, who's dating Jionni LaValle, found a sweet alternative during a dinner at Benjamin Steakhouse in New York City, where the two shared a cozy meal recently. On the menu: chocolate-covered bacon.
Curious about the salty (and supremely sweet) snack? Check out the recipe below and try it yourself:
Chocolate-Covered Canadian Bacon with Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper 4 slices of extra-thick Canadian Bacon
2 cups of melted chocolate (made with semi-sweet chocolate morsels)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1. In a double-boiler, melt chocolate morsels. If you do not have a double broiler, simply boil water in a medium-sized pot, then place the chocolate morsels into a smaller sauce pan and place it in the larger pan to melt.
2. Stir in cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
3. Place Canadian bacon in a rack and broil for about three minutes on each side.
4. Remove Bacon from broiler and pat with a paper towel to remove the oil.
5. With a spoon, coat both sides of the Canadian Bacon with chocolate mixture.
6. Place in a lightly buttered pan, and add to broiler for about a minute.
7. Remove, sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy!
And what goes better with chocolate-covered bacon than a cocktail? Check out the Benjamin's Sweetheart, a champagne-based drink:
1½ shots St. Germain liqueur
Champagne or sparkling wine
1. Pour ingredients into a chilled flute, and stir very lightly.
2. Garnish a half or whole strawberry perched onto the rim of the glass.