Picks and Pans Review: Going Vegan(ish)
Why is Kathy Freston's Veganist a bestseller? Maybe because she doesn't urge everyone to go cold turkey on meat: "You can lean into veganism by choosing more plant-based foods-it's not all or nothing." Here's a "lean" she swears even carnivores will love:
BBQ PULLED SHRED SLIDERS
1 pkg. Gardein (a meat replacement) BBQ pulled shreds
1 cup coleslaw mix
4 tbsp. ranch dressing (vegan option available)
6 slider buns
1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
2. Add canola oil and shreds to pan, and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes until hot and sticky.
3. Mix coleslaw and ranch dressing.
4. Assemble sliders.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: The Time of My Life!
- 45 Pages of Oscar!
- The Pistorius Trial: Why Did He Kill Her?
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine