Picks and Pans Review: The "I Never Learned to Cook" Book
Cindi Leive and the Editors of Glamour present 100 essential recipes even kitchen klutzes can master. Get grating!
BROKE AND FABULOUS GRILLED CHEESE
• 1 tbsp. butter, softened
• 4 slices sourdough, rye or other bread
• 1 cup grated cheddar
1. Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread, making sure it reaches all the way to edges. Mound unbuttered sides of 2 of the slices with ½ cup grated cheese each. Set remaining slices on the cheese, buttered sides up, and press together.
2. Heat large cast-iron skillet over moderate heat. Cook sandwiches until undersides are browned, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook until second side is browned and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes longer. Cut in 2 and serve.
On Newsstands Now
- Robin Roberts: How Loved Saved Me
- Emma and Andrew: All About Hollywood's Cutest Couple
- Prince George! More Yummy Photos
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine